Georgia Nutrition Training Online (GNTO) is a learning management system for online training offered by the Georgia Department of Education School Nutrition Program. GNTO Brightspace by D2L is used to deliver courses online to School Nutrition employees throughout the state of Georgia.
You can access the GNTO site directly at https://gasnptraining.brightspace.com/.
Having a correctly configured computer will help ensure your success in your course. Check the information below to be sure that your computer meets all the necessary technical requirements for hardware and software. Be sure to perform a System Check before you log in.
Computer Hardware & Peripherals
- Windows PC or Apple Macintosh
- Speakers or ability to use headphones for audio playback
- A printer is recommended
Supported Operating Systems
- GNTO supports all versions of Windows or Mac operating systems capable of running the recommended web browsers
Supported Web Browsers
- Beginning in January 2020, Internet Explorer will no longer be a supported browser by Brightspace D2L (GNTO). If you have been continuing to use IE as your main browser, it is highly recommended that you change to a different option at this time (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) to avoid any errors when accessing your online courses. For Windows 10 users, Microsoft Edge is automatically installed as an alternative to Internet Explorer.
- Several major web browsers are supported; however, we cannot guarantee that each browser will perform as expected. We recommend that you access GTNO using either of the browsers listed below:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- GNTO is usable over a 56k modem, the faster and more reliable your internet connection speed, the better your experience will be.
- A hardwire cable or DWL connection is recommended, particularly for submitting assignments and quizzes.
- For desktop systems, you must have Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or greater to use the Record Audio and Record Video features.
- Adobe Flash service and updates will cease at the end of 2020. To learn more about the impacts of the Adobe Flash End of Life and Brightspace, please visit https://community.brightspace.com/s/article/Adobe-Flash-End-of-Life. Additional information about the future of interactive content can be located at https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/
How to Login
Step 1: Your information will be submitted to the Ga SNP team for account creation. You will receive a “Donotreply” email with your username and a request to set your password.
Step 2: Log in at https://gasnptraining.brightspace.com/
- Enter your username and password to login and access your courses.
If you need assistance, please contact the Georgia School Nutrition Program at WebTrainHelp@doe.k12.ga.us. Our offices are open Monday through Friday, and you may expect a response from a team member within 24 hours and up to 48 hours on weekends.
Additional tutorials for Brightspace can be found at https://documentation.brightspace.com/EN/-/-/-/welcome_page.htm
Interested in Facilitating a Course?
To request an account, email WebTrainHelp@doe.k12.ga.us.
Please allow up to 48 hours for account creation.
- In your message please include the following:
- Name of Instructor (or contractor)
- Course Offering (specify if this is for MIT 1a or MIT 1b)
- School system/district name
- Semester you intend to prepare and teach the course, Fall (August-December) or Spring (January-May)
- Instructor email. Please indicate if you have been set-up as a user in Georgia Nutrition Training Online (GNTO) previously. This will prevent the duplication of usernames.
- After your request has been submitted, you will receive an email with the following information:
- MIT Instructor Manual.
- MIT Instructor Review Quiz. This assessment is a review of the Instructor Manual and is graded. After receiving a passing score of 70% or higher, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Trainee Enrollment Form. Please include the names and accurate emails of your trainees.
- You will need to provide a copy of your certificate and your trainee enrollment form to WebTrainHelp@doe.k12.ga.us.
Click here to review the 2018-2019 MIT Information Sheet for additional details.