Below are the items to submit to the State Agency (SA) for applying to the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), School Breakfast Program (SBP) and Special Milk Program (SMP) within the School Nutrition Program (SNP).
Documents to be submitted:
- Signed and completed original copy of the Free and Reduced-Price Meal Policy Worksheets for current school year. Board Chair or Superintendent must sign.
- Copy of the school’s Articles of Incorporation (on file with the Secretary of State Office) stating the school has been incorporated as a school. See: www.sos.georgia.gov
- Copy of the school’s 501(C)3 status with the Internal Revenue Service indicating non-profit tax exempt status. Charter schools do not have to submit a copy to the SA. See: www.irs.gov
- Form 990 Return of Organization Exempt From Income Tax
- DUNS# (form attached)
- School Nutrition Online Reporting System Access Form (needed to file claims for
- School Information Contact Form (general information regarding the organization)
- *Health Inspection
- *Food Service Permit
- *First Month’s Menu (for all meals served)
- *Request For Proposal (RFP) and a copy of the Vendor Contract (if applicable)
- *School Year Calendar (for new school year)
- *School Approval Module Non-Public School Form (needed to file claims for reimbursement). Georgia has an on-line submission process for filing claims for reimbursements.
- *Georgia Department of Education Vendor TIN Verification w/voided check (needed to deposit reimbursement electronically into the organization’s account.
- *State of Georgia GTA (Georgia Technology Authority) Application for Mainframe RACF USERID: complete all sections except 4, 6, 8 and 9
- SNP Information for Interested Non-Traditional Schools
Items mareked with * need to be submitted with your signed School Nutrition Program Agreement Contract, which you will receive once approved.
All documents must be completed and received prior to participation in the School Nutrition Program. An on-site visit to your school must also be scheduled.
Return signed documents to:
Ramona Stevens, Program Associate
School Nutrition Program
Georgia Department of Education
Suite 1662 Twin Towers East
205 Jesse Hill Jr. Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Phone: (404) 651-6609